Alexander “Alex” French is a family law attorney. Alex is a Senior Associate Attorney at McIlveen Family Law Firm and he primarily works in our Charlotte, NC office. He represents clients in all areas of family law including divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, and more.
Hear from Alex in his own words why he became a family law attorney:
You might say that I've spent my life in the courtrooms of Ohio where I grew up. When you grow up the child of not one but two lawyers, you spend a lot of time in law offices and courtrooms. I have always had a passion for helping others, and I've been told that I'm good at relating to people. Even as a child, I loved advocating for others.
I attended college at THE Ohio State University. After college, I moved to North Carolina for law school. During law school, I realized I wasn’t meant to be a ‘behind-the-scenes lawyer. Maybe it's from all the years I spent following Mom and Dad around, but it's in the courtroom that I feel most at home. Family law is the perfect area of law for me. It fulfills my need to help others and it lets me use my skillset. While I love being in the courtroom, I recognize the value of mediation and settlement. If I can settle your case I will. If the other side refuses to be reasonable then we will take the fight to them in the courtroom.
Outside of the office, you can find me on the golf course, traveling to different destinations, and cheering on the Buckeyes.
- Avvo: Alexander Comly French Clients’ Choice Award 2022
- Avvo: Clients' Choice Award 2017
- Negotiating and Drafting Parenting Plans (With Samples), NBI 2023
- Parenting Factors, Modification, Enforcement, and More, NBI 2023
- Negotiating and Drafting Parenting Plans, NBI 2022
Memberships and Affiliations
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association - Family Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Charlotte School of Law Juris Doctor
- The Ohio State University B.A. Economics